Best Elk Outfitters

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by Elkoholic, May 6, 2017.

1. Elkoholic

Elkoholic Member

Who have you guys used for elk outfitters? Anyone have any luck without breaking the bank? Public hunting has been tough with the number of guys in CO... thinking about using an outfitter for the first time. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Corey Haas

Corey Haas Administrator Staff Member

3. njoroge gathongo

njoroge gathongo New Member

4. RK53

RK53 New Member

5. 2BladeRage

2BladeRage Member

You get what you pay for. Research reviews to see what the success rates are. You can often get in for a ch sore cow hunt and then build a relationship with the guide. Maybe get a break on a bull hunt. I wouldn't pay more than 5G. Fred Eichler will take you out for 7G but hell, how many public "packed in" hunts could you do for that. There are so many good public units. Research my friend.

6. Mr.Buckly

Mr.Buckly New Member

I'd do the research and hire a local to pack you in. Lots of people just want to get their horses work. It's about getting away from the roads and trails.

7. Squirrel

Squirrel Member

Save your body save your time. Get an outfitter. Spend 3x the money and get 10x the success.

Corey Haas likes this.
  8. clefmeister

clefmeister Member

Yeah, I'd go with an outfitter. They spend all year doing the research and know where the elk are hiding out and migrating. Most of us just can't do that without breaking the bank in terms of equipment and time off from work. An outfitter might be more expensive, but it's usually worth it in terms of the success ratio in proportion with how much work you have to put into getting ready for the hunt.

Corey Haas likes this.
  9. Fuzz

Fuzz Member

Papierski in Craig Idaho is fairly priced and has decent success rates.