Best pack for extended elk trips

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by 12 Ringer, Jan 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 12 Ringer

12 Ringer Member

Any thoughts on badland packs or eberlestock? My pack took a crap and im looking for a new 3-4 day pack

2. 2BladeRage

2BladeRage Member

I have an Eberlestock Blue Widow. Durable, comfortable pack. Not roomy enough for a 4 day without the addtional addon storage but a good pack. Water resistance is about a 5/10 IMO. I got soaked last year while hiking in the rain and the protected compartments weren't all that. Out of the box though, its a great day bag on dry days.

3. Panick

Panick Legend of the Woods

KUIU are probable the best out now,however unless I was living out west or in the mountains quite open the price of them is steep for someone like me being a flat lander.

4. 12 Ringer

12 Ringer Member

Thx Pannick. I'll look them up. Badlands review anyone?

5. SHartman

SHartman New Member

Badlands makes a solid product. I prefer them over eberlestock

6. A A Ron

A A Ron Member

I used a waterproof one chamber large capacity bag that worked out well. There was no frame for packing out meat and we didn't kill any but it worked well. Probably a $75 bag.

7. Corey Haas

Corey Haas Administrator Staff Member

I use the Eberlestock Blue Widow and thinknits a good quality pack. It's really important to get the optional dry bag with it though. Must have something waterproof in your bag!

8. HOYTEM

HOYTEM Member

Mainframe Pack by Eberlestock is a solid and quality choice. You can add dry bags and other compartmental sections to it. When bringing an elk out, the build surpasses a lot of nonframed packs. It's just so customizable. Great choice.

[​IMG]