Losing arrows

Discussion in 'All Things Archery' started by Mike, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Mike

Mike New Member

New to bow hunting and I have taken two shots this year and have lost two arrows this year. Besides the obvious of practicing from a stand, which I have heard from everyone who doesn't bow hunt, what else can I do to help recover my arrows. I have seen the flashing knocks but can you just buy fluorescent arrows? Haven't seen any of those online.

2. WillCo_SLAYER

WillCo_SLAYER Member

Light up nocks will definitely help you find your arrows. But they are a little bit of an expensive option. Another thing to consider is to go with brightly colored vanes on your arrows. I know a guy who goes with pink vanes because he claims they are the easiest to find in a wooded setting. Good luck to you.

3. Corey Haas

Corey Haas Administrator Staff Member

I would suggest two things. One would be right after the shot, shoot a field point into the area in which the deer was standing. It will serve as a great marker of where to start looking. When you get down from a tree stand, everything looks different and it’s hard to find the location of the shot sometimes.

Another thing to consider is buying reflective wraps for your arrows. These will reflect any flashlight and give up the arrows location as long as small part of the wrap is exposed.

Good luck and thanks for posting!!