Planning 2016 hunt

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Panick, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Panick

Panick Legend of the Woods

Well this year has come to an end and all I can think about is whats in store for 2016.Elk is on my mind and the place will hopefully be New Mexico,and if that doesn't work Co will be a second choice.Any one else have their plan of attack sketched out?

2. yotedown

yotedown Member

New Mexico is my goal.

3. Corey Haas

Corey Haas Administrator Staff Member

I just signed a contract with Direct tv for $3.50 a month so I could get the Outdoor Channel and watch RMEF.... and Lee and Tiffany. I'm going to be ready this year. Which state do we have a better chance of getting into a good unit?

4. Waynemack

Waynemack New Member

Do all States allow bow hunting? Sorry if this is a silly question but it's got a blanket ban right across the United Kingdom, a couple of my buddies and me are hopefully going to head up to Latvia at the end of 2016. We are allowed to hunt with shotgun and airrifle but on our small island our only prey is Rabbit, wood pigeon, pheasant, Grouse and WoodCock.
    I bought a cheap Hoyt Ignite last year to set up as a hunting bow as my main Bow is recurve I've used it for a couple of 3D field shoots which was good fun but really want to do a bit of proper hunting

5. Panick

Panick Legend of the Woods

Yes all States allow bow hunting.

6. Corey Haas

Corey Haas Administrator Staff Member

They all allow non resident hunting, but at different rates. Thats something to look into if cost is a factor. I think our state of Illinois charges $401 for non resident archery permits.

7. JCooper

JCooper Member

Get out in Iowa, Nebraska, or Oklahoma for some big deer.