What's the best coyote bait/call/attractant?

Discussion in 'Predatorville' started by A A Ron, Dec 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. A A Ron

A A Ron Member

What have you guys used? What get's these guys in? I got a game call with a remote for Christmas and was going to give it a go but want all the advantages. Thanks

Jessica Roy likes this.
  2. Ryan M

Ryan M New Member

I have had pretty good success calling the last couple years. I own a fox pro with a hundred yard remote. Biggest thing I can tell you is play the wind. I like to use bends in creeks or tree lines to keep them from circling and getting your wind. I have had better success right before dark than early morning. I tend to start calling in January just because I believe they get plenty of wounded deer and gut piles to feed on around the gun seasons. My favorite time is after a 4 to 5 day blizzard with high winds. They den up and when that weather breaks look out. I have had them at my feet in 30 seconds from when I hit the call. Good luck!

Jessica Roy likes this.
  3. yotedown

yotedown Member

Cat crap has coyote cocaine in it. Put some out (moistened) over one of those food warming candles to get the scent out there. Let me know how it works :)

4. Packfan74

Packfan74 Member

Roadkill hanging from a tree on the other side of a hill you can slip over is a win win. They will wait for that sucker to fall it seems.

5. RK53

RK53 Member

Cat crap isn't a myth. works.

6. KShep76

KShep76 Member

I've always used crippled rabbit and chicken in distress audio. Have killed over 20 yotes during the past 5 years with these techniques.

7. Mikefism

Mikefism Member

"Cat crap has coyote cocaine in it. Put some out (moistened) over one of those food warming candles to get the scent out there."

My cousin Jimmy taught me this. He said it's very effective.